Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fit For Competition UPDATE

So I've been doing the Fit For Competition diet & meal plan for just about 6 weeks now. I am noticing changes in my body & I am excited!!! After the first month, I was down 1.5 inches in my waist & 1 inch on my hips!! I was also down 1.5% body fat. I am THRILLED with those results & am excited to see what changes lie in store as the months go on.

We're already on Phase 2 of the program & thankfully the meal plan got a little more relaxed. During the first phase, I am proud to say that I began eating FISH!!! Seafood is something I previously would NOT touch! For ANYTHING!! However, on our cruise in December, I tried aligator & frog legs, so I thought that I should give fish a try too. So far, I don't LOVE it, but it's pretty decent & I actually miss having it in my diet since we added in more chicken & turkey during Phase 2. I am proud of myself for opening up to try new things.

I've been asked a few times by different people, why I decided to do the program. The answer is pretty simple, I just wanted to see if I could do it :) I have that runner's mentality, where you start off running & then you get hooked, so you sign up for races & then keep upping the distance you run. When you run, everyone is asking when you'll go further. They want to know when you'll do a half & once you've done that, they want to know when you'll do a marathon. It's the same with lifting weights, except the only competition really, are bodybuilding shows. Now, I am not signing up for one, I do not have plans to be on stage, but that's why I love this program. It's for people who plan to compete as well as for people just looking to get in competition shape. Anyways, I started lifting last year, so the next step for me was to get in competition shape, b/c I wanted to take my workouts/eating up a notch. I needed guidance & accountability to get where I want to go.

I don't have an ultimate goal weight or even body fat %. I just want to gain muscle & lose fat, whatever those end numbers are is up in the air. I was happy with where I started & I'll be happy if I end up back there, but for now, I want to see what my body can do. I would follow body builders on Instagram & Facebook & wonder if I could do what they were doing. Prep my meals & do all of the intense workouts, so now I am!! It's definitely hard and there are times where I've felt sorry for myself for not being able to eat whatever I want, but it's a sacrifice for a period of time, not forever. This program is 6 months long, not the rest of my life. However, I wasn't happy eating whatever I wanted, I always felt guilty & told myself that at least I was working out hard in the gym. I really do want to make eating clean a lifestyle & my goal for this year was eat clean for at least 6 months, so BAM, this program covers that :)

I am excited to say that I have a vision for this summer & I can't wait to share it with you all, but I am still working out some details. Stay tuned for my next update!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment