Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012

Sometimes I get frustrated with the things I didn't accomplish this year. I am still not happy with my weight or my midsection. I haven't been eating clean, etc etc. However, I AM proud of the things I DID accomplish in 2012.
The Polar Dash- I ran my first half marathon in Jan of 2012. It was 25 degrees outside & snowing. Needless to say, it was AWFUL!!! I ran/walked the last 3 miles & cried when I finished it. I hated the whole process LOL ( NO pics from this terrible race)
Spring Half Marathon- This was my 2nd half marathon this year. I wanted to finish it in 2 hours 30 min. I ended up finishing at 2 hours 08 minutes!! I was THRILLED with my time!! It was an awesome run & I have great memories of it.

North Shore Half Marathon- I signed up for this race to try to run it within 2 weeks of the spring one, but I think I missed out on that by a few days. Anyways, this one was HARD. It was 90 degrees outside & so bad that they ended up closing down the last 3 miles of the race (AFTER I finished the whole thing! LOL). I ran it in 2 hours 11 minutes. Not the time I was aiming for, but I was proud of myself for finishing the thing in the heat that we had.

The Hot Chocolate 15K- I ran this as a fun run. I love this race & have done it for 3 years. The chocolate at the end is DEEEE-LISH!! Anyways, my goal for this race was to run it under 1 hour 30 min, but I ended up finishing in EXACTLY 1 hour 30 min LOL Not quite the time I wanted, but I was still proud of myself.

Turkey Trot 10K- the night before this race, I told my husband that my best time would be to run it at a 9 min 30 sec pace. I was THRILLED when I checked my time on the official website b/c my pace was 9 min 15 sec!! That is the fastest I have ever run a race. ( No Pic for this race either, I ran it alone)

I have already signed up for a half marathon in June 2013. I am planning on running one in March & one in April, in KY! I am so excited about travelling to run!! I can't wait to get started in 2013 & to see what else I can accomplish :)

2 comments:

  1. You did GREAT!!! My goals for this year include running a few 5Ks and working up to a 10K and hopefully eventually be able to run a half marathon! I've totally got the itch to run right now, but it's SO cold (and snowy!) and that silly little detail about just having a baby ;) But hopefully the second the roads are clear and ice-free to run on, I'm out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandi! You can totally do a 5K! After you're cleared for working out of course ;) Maybe sign up for one this summer, you'll have plenty of time to recover from the baby & to train :) I ran a 5K after my girls were born, when they were 7 months old. I didn't do it for time, just to prove to myself that I could still run if I wanted too!

      Delete