Thursday, December 27, 2012

I love my body


With 2012 coming to a close & a new year looming ahead, I am beginning to hear talk of new year resolutions. Of course, the popular one is usually to lose weight or begin eating healthy. I too, am hoping to continue to work out & eat right on 2013. My goal for next year, is to be healthier in a year than I am now.

With that in mind, I am working on changing the way I think about myself. Normally I can rattle off all of the reasons I don't like my body, or the specific trouble areas, or what I would like to change, however, today I am going to talk about the reasons I love and appreciate these different areas of my body. The hardest thing for me to say is that I love my tummy. BUT, it is true. I love & appreciate the fact that it housed & nourished my twins, and then again my son. I am thankful for my legs & feet b/c they get me where I need them to go. They can take me far & they can take me fast. I am thankful for my arms b/c they can carry my children, they can lift, push & pull things. I am thankful to have an able, working body & I am done hating it & being ashamed of it.

I have been thinking about this post for a few days & have come to realize that it is far too natural & easy for me to go the negative route in regards to my body. However, I think the better option is to appreciate & love it for what it can do for me. I mean, one doesn't generally, take care of the things that they hate or are ashamed of. Your first thought towards something you hate or are ashamed of, is to hide it or nor take care o fit. Rather, you will nourish & nurture what you love, so I am going to take a more positive approach in the coming year. I will choose to take care of my body b/c it is something that I love & appreciate. I will exercise more regularly in 2013, to run a full marathon & to eat better, more whole & less refined foods. One of my goals is to cook more at home so we don't have to go out to eat (and BONUS, save more $$!) & so that we'll eat healthier foods.

I am looking forward to making those changes in the coming year ahead & to hopefully have a healthier & happier 2013 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment