Wednesday, December 19, 2012

So my previous post was all to say that I have only begun to consider myself a runner. Prior to 2012, I would run races, but I would only train for that race. It wasn't until this year that I kept up the training, even when I wasn't necessarily preparing for a race (although it is more difficult to find the motivation). To be honest, I did take the summer (mostly) off, I ran a few 5Ks & would run on the treadmill occasionally  but my running group didn't really get together as often & I didn't get my long runs in. I am also slacking a little b/c of the holidays & the crap sleep I've been getting lately, but I am hoping that the new year will bring new resolve around these parts :)

2012 is also the year that I began to see running/working out as worship to our Creator, Yahweh. I began to realize that our bodies were created to worship our God through movement. That's not to say that our only form of worship if moving our bodies through running, yoga, or weights, or that ALL working out is worship, but I did form a mind/body connection. I think that God is pleased to see us using our bodies to their full potential. That it is good to push our limits, to strengthen our muscles & to be fit. That we can better serve Him, in whatever capacity we do, if our bodies are healthy & strong to do the work that He would have us do.

I also began to see how working out/working our bodies really does correlate well to our spiritual life. I began a work out group at church, so I would do a small devotional on different topics each week. It was cool to continually be looking for that correlation between our walk with God & different aspects of working out, such as core/run/walking/breathe/water, etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment