Monday, January 14, 2013

FOOD & how Jillian Michael's kicked my butt....literally

I am still riding high on the Whole 30 Challenge. Life is good, food is good & I have tons of energy!! I am loving this!! I have cooked more these past few weeks than I can ever remember! I am trying new foods too. I currently have eggplant strata baking in the oven right now. I am actually excited to try some Danish pork belly once I buy some. I want to cook more with pork & beef and maybe, even, perhaps try lamb!! I love that this challenge is opening me up to all kinds of new cuisines...for example, I just bought my first jar of ghee last night. I enjoyed looking around the market at all of the different fruits & veggies and the meat section too (although I did walk quickly through the fish!).

My families' perspective might be a bit different! LOL I don't make them eat with me all of the time, but I do try to cook dinner for them most nights. They liked my lemon chicken & lemon garlic pork chops, making my own bbq for some chicken thighs was a bust. I made my own salsa the other night, I roasted the tomatoes, garlic & jalepenos all myself! I am planning on making grass-fed beef burgers tomorrow & chicken with veggies and bacon Tuesday night. I am not sure what I'll have Wednesday & Tuesday and hopefully I can go grocery shopping at the end of the week, but we'll need some more money for that!

So I've been making it a point to workout every day (except that I took Friday off). I've been mixing in running with doing Jillian Michael's workouts. I've done the No More Trouble Zones, 30 Day Shred & her Yoga DVD. Well, I started up the workout group at church on Thursday night & one of my sweet friends brought her JM Buns & Thighs DVDs. OH MY LANTA!! That is one tough workout. I seriously love a challenge & am hoping to buy that DVD in the near future. I feel like I have to master & beat all of her DVDs! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment