Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sugar demons got me & a new race

It has finally happened...I am on day 19 of the Whole30 Challenge & the sugar demons have finally shown up!! I thought that the challenge was going so well, that it would continue to be a breeze, no real cravings, eating new & yummy food, that nothing could stop me. But NO!

 Today I have been craving sugar in full force. At first I thought it was because I forgot to have berries with my breakfast AND I only had a warm kale salad & pork chop for lunch, so I ate a few figs. That didn't help when after dinner I am strongly craving something SWEET!

The Whole30 Challenge is more than just a "diet", the whole purpose is to show you your weaknesses with food & to hopefully change your whole relationship with it. The Whole30 Challenge is supposed to heal your body & mind from the way you used to eat & create a new way to think about the foods you eat as well as WHY you eat.

So, let's just say...it's been a struggle round these parts tonight. I messaged a trusty friend & told her that I really want to make some coconut cream to go with berries, which is Whole30 compliant, but not when the purpose of it is to feed the sugar demons. Thankfully she did steer me away & I have been drinking water with lemon in it. All in all, I am glad that I didn't give into the cravings, but can I just say that I miss my dark chocolate??

Running: Y'all, I have some news. Scratch the Get Lucky 21K from my running calendar, I am now looking forward to running a 15 mile trail race!! Both races are on the same day, so I had to choose which one I wanted to do. I would rather do the 15 miler with friends than run the 21K by myself, along the lakefront...which is boring to me now. A trail run is always exciting with the scenery changing & new things to look at :) I'm looking forward to it, now all I have to do is sign up LOL

With a 15 miler under my belt in March, I should be pretty well on my way to my goal of running a marathon this year! I MIGHT even be ready for it by May! EEK! That makes me so excited :) And also a tad skurred.

1 comment:

  1. Great job getting through that sugar hurdle!!:) I can't even fathom running 15 miles or a marathon. Maybe if I had an awesome training partner who would help keep me from getting bored;) Good luck on your races and I can't wait to cheer you on and hear how you did!

    ReplyDelete